This post will be updated regularly to reflect changes to our services.
UPDATE 5.11.2020: To protect the health of our staff and the community, all staff and all clients receiving our services are required to wear masks. We will ask clients who are not wearing a face covering to leave. We are also asking any community members who are feeling sick or who have been in contact with anyone displaying symptoms to please stay away for the safety of our neighbors and loved ones. Thank you for your understanding and for your cooperation in taking the necessary steps to protect our community and our most vulnerable citizens.
In order to comply with government mandates and guidelines, all services are currently available by appointment only. Our current services are:
- Adoptions by Appointment. If you are interested in adoption, please visit SavingAnimalsToday.org/adopt to see adoptable animals and complete an adoption questionnaire. We will contact you to arrange an appointment. During your appointment, we will be following CDC recommendations, including following 6-foot social distancing guidelines and we will be sanitizing our adoption area in between each guest. Please take care to follow instructions to protect your health and the health of our staff. Also note that we are currently experiencing high demand for adoptions and limited staff to perform them, so please be patient. It will take us longer than normal to contact you, but we are doing all that we can to serve you and to place our animals in your wonderful, loving homes.
- Vaccine Clinic. We are offering vaccines by appointment on April 25, May 2, May 9, and May 14. To make an appointment, please call our clinic at (970) 484-1861 and leave a message. If you leave a message, please keep an eye out for our return call from (970) 484-8516. Please note that you will be asked to make a non-refundable appointment fee ($10–$25) at the time of scheduling.
- Spay/Neuter Clinic. Our clinic is now accepting appointments for spay/neuter. Please note that we are experiencing high demand and call volume―we appreciate your patience. To make an appointment, please call our clinic at (970) 484-8516 and leave a message. If you leave a message, please keep an eye out for our return call from (970) 484-8516. For your appointment, please note that we have instituted “curbside” drop off, so please remain in your vehicle and follow staff instructions when dropping off your pet.
- Grooming Salon. Our Grooming Salon is open and accepting appointments, but we are not currently able to offer walk-in nail trims. Please call us at (970) 484-8516 to schedule an appointment. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through a large backlog of rescheduled appointments and messages. Please observe posted signs and instructions when bringing your pet to be groomed. We look forward to seeing you!
- Kibble Supply Pet Food Pantry. Our Kibble distribution days on May 17 and June 4 will take place as scheduled. We will be using “drive through” distribution, so please stay in your vehicle and comply with posted signs and instructions.
We will continue to take extra steps to disinfect surfaces that come in contact with members of the public and perform extra cleaning in between guests at all of our facilities. We are taking all feasible precautions to ensure social distancing and prevent unnecessary person-to-person contact for all of our services.
As always, we are working hard for the animals. Here are some of the ways you can count on us to continue to serve the dogs, cats, and people in our community:
- We will continue to provide exemplary care for the animals in our shelter. Our excellent foster network is stepping up to allow as many of our animals as possible to stay in a home-like environment while we are closed, but rest assured that every animal in our care will receive the highest standard of care.
- We are continuing to accept transports of animals in need.
- We are assisting community members by phone and email.
- Community members can still apply for assistance from our PAL+, Kibble Supply Pet Food Pantry, and Community Cat Programs through our website.
We hope that we can count on you as well. We need our community more than ever. You can support Animal Friends Alliance by making a donation through our website or becoming a monthly giving member through our Animal Advocate Club―even a small monthly gift can make a big impact! You can also donate supplies through our wishlist. If you follow us on Facebook, you can share our fundraisers and adoptable animals. The more help we have now, the better prepared we will be for whatever comes next. Thank you for your understanding throughout this changing situation and thank you for your support!