- Volunteers ages 18 and up may volunteer in the opportunity of their choice. Volunteers under 18 may volunteer in the roles described below.
- Volunteers under 18 years old are required to have a parent or guardian sign their Volunteer Release Form.
- Dog Walking & Enrichment Volunteers
- Volunteers ages 10-17 are permitted to volunteer in Dog Walking & Enrichment along with a parent or guardian who is also a trained volunteer.
- No more than 2 children will be allowed to walk with an adult at once.
- Volunteers ages 15-17 years old with required experience (training and 20 hours of service) can request to do Dog Walking & Enrichment alone.
- Shelter Cat Care Volunteers
- Volunteers ages 13-14 are permitted to volunteer in Shelter Cat Care & Enrichment along with a parent or guardian who is also a trained volunteer.
- Volunteers ages 15-17 years old are permitted to volunteer in Shelter Cat Care & Enrichment.
- Office Assistant, Outreach & Community Events
- Volunteers ages 15+ may volunteer for office roles, special events, Kibble Supply Pet Food Pantry, and outreach on a case-by-case basis.
- We accept volunteers 18 and over for court-ordered community service.
- Community Service volunteers do not interact with animals. They provide shelter support including washing dishes, doing laundry, general cleaning, and special projects.
- We ask volunteers to commit to one volunteer shift per week. Volunteer shift times vary by assignment, but are always at least one hour long.
- We ask volunteers to commit to four months of service to Animal Friends Alliance. Our volunteers are important to us, and we hope you will stay much longer!
- We ask all volunteers to have an email address they will check at least once a week.
- We ask all volunteers to help with one event or fundraiser 1 event per year. This could be a fundraising event such as our annual Gala for Animals, an outreach event, or a Kibble Supply distribution day.
As part of our application process, we ask for a $30 volunteer fee ($45 for a parent and 2 children) to help cover the costs of your volunteer T-shirt, nametag, handouts, background check (if 18 or older), and our online volunteer information center. We hope it is a small price to pay for the good feeling of knowing that you are helping the animals and people in our community, but if you are unable to pay, please contact our Volunteer Program Administrator.
Please contact our Volunteer Program Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.