The Special Kneads Club is a program that aids in the adoption of older cats, cats with chronic but manageable health problems, and cats with disabilities. These kitties are often passed over, but they need love just as much as a rambunctious kitten, if not more!
Why should I adopt a Club member?
There are LOTS of incentives to adopting a member of the Special Kneads Club:
- NO adoption fee!
- Free kitty essentials package (litter box, scoop, cat litter, toys, scratching pad, Greenies dental treats)
- Two weeks’ worth of complimentary special or prescription diet food
- One year of discounted pricing for any special diets purchased through the shelter
- Complimentary pre-adoption phone consultation with our staff veterinarian upon request
- A comprehensive, free medical evaluation, including all appropriate testing and diagnostics, prior to adoption
What types of kitties are in the Club?
All types! Many factors can make a cat seem “less adoptable,” like age, disabilities or special health or behavioral needs. But when you really get to know these cats, you’ll find out how special they really are, and just how much love they have to give when you show them how much you care.
Celebrate these special kitties with us by visiting the shelter and getting to know them. You may just find your new best friend!
Here are some pluses we found to adopting “less adoptable” kitties:
- Older cats are mellower – you don’t have to worry about your lamp getting knocked over!
- Physically challenged cats are often unaffected by their handicap – but you still look like a hero!
- Cats with behavioral issues allow you to form a tight bond as you overcome obstacles together!
At Animal Friends Alliance, there are no “unadoptable” cats – every life is precious, and there is a purrfect human out there to love each one. Our veterinarian and staff are happy to answer any questions you may have about a particular cat’s challenges and work with you to find your best match. Visit the Adoption Info page for more details about the process, or start by filling out a questionnaire.