We’re all feeling the tension and stress from the ongoing situation related to COVID-19, but it has brought us great comfort that we keep hearing the same question over and over: “What can I do to help?” We are so thankful to have the support of an incredible community. Indeed, we’re all in this together. If you’re looking for a way to get involved while you’re quarantined, participating in social distancing, working from home, or just looking for a distraction from the daily news, here are some ways to help:
- Donate! The single most impactful thing you can do to help the animals in our care is to make sure we have the resources to provide for them. In this time of uncertainty, every little bit counts toward helping animals in need. You can make a one-time gift through our website or, better yet, make a recurring gift to keep us going all year long! Even a few dollars a month can make a big difference for animals in need. You can also donate supplies from our Amazon Wish List. No matter how you give, you’re saving lives!
- Host a fundraiser. If you’re not in a position to give, you still have the power to make a difference by sharing your passion with your friends, family, and social networks. You can host your own virtual fundraiser or supply drive or share one of ours!
- Support Animal Friends Alliance with the things you’re already doing, like shopping with your King Sooper’s Card, shopping online through Amazon Smile, rounding up your everyday purchases through Coin Up, or taking your daily walk with ResQwalk or WoofTrax.
- Amplify our message on social media. Follow us on Facebook and engage with our posts. When you like, comment, and share, more people will see our adoptable animals, safety messages, and fundraisers.
- Volunteer from home. You can make homemade crafts that will provide enrichment and comfort for our shelter animals or safety for our staff.
- Adopt. We are going to continue to offer adoptions by appointment for as long as we are able to do so. If you’re interested in adopting, please complete an adoption questionnaire on our website and we will contact you to set up an appointment.
- Foster. Thanks to temporary changes in state law, we are still being allowed to onboard new foster homes, and the first step to becoming a foster is to complete the application on our website. We are particularly grateful for foster families who are willing to continue to provide life-saving assistance after this immediate crisis has subsided. The onboarding process takes time, so please be patient with our foster staff as they work with the many kind and generous families who have offered their homes for animals in need.
Thank you to all the incredible, kind, and generous people who have reached out to us over the last few weeks. This is a very difficult time for all of us but we are grateful to have each other. Take care.
I have already submitted an application to foster. What is the next step for me?
Thank you so much for taking the first step toward saving a life by opening your home to a foster animal! If you’ve completed the application, all you need to do is wait for our foster team to contact you. We’ve had a lot of kindhearted folks like yourself offer to foster, so it’s taking us longer than usual to contact everyone. We do still absolutely need your help and we’re grateful for your patience. Thank you!
I live really close to your shelter! I was wondering if you guys needed any help there? Do you have enough people during this COVID-19 thing? I can gladly come part time whatever time would work best for you and wear a mask but I really want to come volunteer to take care of animals. Call me please so we can talk this whole thing over, but I wanna help. Thanks.
Hi Rachael, Thank you so much for your dedication to caring for animals! We are so grateful for volunteers like you. We are currently limiting the number of people who are on our campuses with the goal of keeping risk down by limiting contact. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer for Animal Friends Alliance, a great first step is visiting our volunteer page. You can also connect with our volunteer program by emailing them. Thank you so much!